- To link a Discord to a GameWisp channel, first go to your Integrations page.
- In the Discord panel, click Connect. Make sure you are logged into an account that has Manage Server, Manage Roles, Create Invites, and Manage Channels.
- You will be asked to link through Oauth and Give the GameWisp Bot a new Role with permissions. These permissions allow us to do all the things we need to do to automatically fulfill the benefits.
4. If the link succeeds, you will see your Discord name in the Discord panel.
5. Now that you have linked the bot to your discord server, you should have a new role simply named "gamewisp" and the bot will be in your memberlist
Currently, the GameWisp bot is always offline! It will still work, so don't worry about that.
6. Even though the role was added, the role may be in the wrong spot in the role ordering in your server. You must move it via drag and drop to the right position in the list so that the bot has all the permissions it needs!
Adding GameWisp Subscriber Roles and Channels
In order to use the GameWisp Discord Role benefit, you must have a special role and channel for GameWisp subscribers. The following steps walk you through making those and setting permissions.
4: Set up a GameWisp Subscribers role. Create the role and follow the instructions in the image below. Note: the GameWisp Subscribers role must be different from the "gamewisp" bot role.
You can name the GameWisp Subscribers role whatever you want.
Create a GameWisp Subscribers Channel
5: Create a new text channel for subscribers only. You can name it whatever you want, but please add the gamewisp bot role and the GameWisp Subscribers roles, at least. See image for specifics.
Add permissions for the GameWisp Subs channel
You must add special permissions for the gamewisp bot role in the gamewisp only subscriber channel. You must allow the bot to create invites to the channel, manage the channel, and manage permissions for the channel. See below images for specifics.
Return to GameWisp for the final steps
Go back to your integration page on GameWisp.
Click the relink button in the Discord panel. This will pull in the new roles and channels for when you create a new benefit.
Now that it's linked, you can go to your Tier Editor and Add a Discord Benefit to one (or more) of your GameWisp tiers!